Gluten, Dairy & Guilt-Free Chocolate Glazed Donuts
I am typically not a huge fan of chocolate, believe it or not (probably due to how sick it would make me feel prior to discovering I had a dairy intolerance). However, since I have started cutting carbs and living a Keto lifestyle, I have an insatiable hunger for sweet, chocolaty goodness.
After experimenting with different recipes I have created the PERFECT GLUTEN AND DAIRY FREE, LOW CARB KETO CHOCOLATE GLAZED DONUTS! The recipe yields a dozen donuts and I was lucky enough to get a measly 2 donuts out of the batch because the kids went berserk over these things.
I was totally cool with them eating two or three at a time because I knew it was packed full of protein and organic ingredients, unlike store bought or even bakery made donuts that contain God knows what kind of chemicals, preservatives and additives.
Beginning to end they take about 30 minutes to be ready to eat. It is super EASY, super HEALTHY and super DELICIOUS!! The tapioca starch does contain a few carbs, so if you are looking to make the recipe with as few carbs as possible I would skip the glaze. The tapioca starch is used to bind the glaze and allows it to dry and harden. You can also replace the sweetener and tapioca starch with a low carb confectioner’s sugar if you have some on hand.
Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes. I can assure you that these will soon become a staple in any Keto, Gluten or Dairy Free household.
Gluten, Dairy & Guilt-Free Chocolate Glazed Donuts Recipe
By June 3, 2018Published:
- Yield: 12 Donuts (12 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 14-17 mins
- Ready In: 24 mins
I am typically not a huge fan of chocolate, believe it or not (probably due to how sick it would make me feel prior to discovering I …
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Erythritol
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Dairy Free Butter Melted
- 1/2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Erythritol
- 2 TBS Tapioca Starch
- 1 Tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tsp Almond Milk
- Preheat Oven to 350°.
- Combine all dry ingredients: Almond Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, Sweetener and Sea Salt in large mixing bowl. Whisk together until all Almond Flour clumps are broken up and ingredients are blended well.
- In separate mixing bowl combine wet ingredients: Almond Milk, Eggs, Melted Dairy Free Butter and Vanilla.
- Gradually Pour wet ingredients into the dry, whisking and blending together as you pour to prevent clumping. Continue stirring until all ingredients are incorporated nicely.
- Fill greased donut pan about halfway, leaving room for the donuts to rise and not spill over the edges.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 14-17 minutes, checking periodically after 14 minutes with a toothpick until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Chocolate Glaze
- In small bowl combine dry ingredients: Sweetener, Tapioca Starch and Cocoa Powder. Mix well and break up any clumps.
- Add wet ingredients and stir until it is well combined.
- Dip cooled donuts in the glaze or drizzle on top, depending on the look you are going for.
- Let the glaze set for about 20-30 minutes and ENJOY!!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress