Instant Pot Spicy Korean Sesame Chicken
Today was just one of those days… A million things to do and just not enough time to do it. One of those million things is dinner. How on earth can I find time to make dinner when there is no time? INSTANT POT! I have said it a million times, this thing has completely changed my life.
Preparing healthy, quality and nourishing meals is very important to me. Problem is, there just isn’t enough time in the day. With the Instant Pot I am able to have the best of both worlds. I can still tackle the countless tasks I need to get done AND provide my family with a quality home cooked meal.
If you are familiar with Korean food, the ingredients for this recipe are pretty straight forward and can be found in each and every Korean kitchen. I will warn you, the recipe is quite spicy. My father-in-law, who is from South Korea, always told my husband as a child that, “If you aren’t sweating while you eat, you aren’t enjoying your food.” If you do prefer a milder version, I highly suggest reducing the amount of Korean Red Pepper Powder. The chicken will still have that authentic Korean flavor, but less of the spice.
For all of the Gluten Free readers out there, please pay close attention to the labels for the ingredients, especially the Soy Sauce and the Gochujang. Many Asian foods and sauces contain wheat. There are, however, other brands that offer a Gluten Free version or do not contain wheat at all.
Once all of the ingredients are in order it is time to cook! The recipe is super quick and super easy. You don’t even have to thaw the chicken. I put a huge block of chicken straight out of the freezer into the Instant Pot and it came out moist and falling off the bone. I mean, who does that? Cook frozen chicken… We do!! Enjoy.
Instant Pot Spicy Korean Sesame Chicken Recipe
By June 4, 2018Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
Today was just one of those days... A million things to do and just not enough time to do it. One of those million things is …
- 2 lbs Frozen Bone-In Chicken
- 1 TBS Erythritol Honey works well too
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 TBS Korean Red Pepper Powder Less for milder version
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 TBS Sesame Oil
- 1 TBS Grated Ginger
- 1 Cup Sliced Onion
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Turn Instant Pot on and press "Sauté." This heats up fairly quickly, so it is totally safe to add the olive oil right away.
- Add frozen chicken to the pot and let brown until the meat easily releases from the bottom of the pan. Flip and brown the other side.
- While the chicken is browning, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a medium size bowl. Don't forget the water. Without it the sauce has a chance of burning and being scorched to the bottom.
- Whisk sauce ingredients until it is smooth and everything is incorporated.
- Add sliced onions and pour sauce over the chicken, doing your best to coat all of the pieces.
- Lock the lid on with the vent closed and set the Instant Pot to Poultry setting for 25 minutes.
- When the pressure has released naturally, remove the lid and flip the chicken to allow the sauce to coat the top side. Put the lid back on and leave the machine on keep warm setting with the vent open while you prepare your side dishes or Banchan.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and drizzle with remaining sauce. Garnish with Toasted Sesame Seeds and Green Onion.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress